Removing an AC hard-wired or interconnected alarm
- Remove the alarm from the trim ring by rotating the alarm in the direction of the OFF arrow on the cover.
- Disconnect the AC power harness by squeezing the locking arms on the sides of the quick connector while pulling the connector away from the bottom of the alarm.
How do you turn off a Kidde smoke detector?
To Deactivate Your Alarm:
Turn the screw to the “OFF” location. This will deactivate the alarm, stop the low battery chirp and render the alarm safe for disposal by draining the battery. NOTE: Turning off the alarm is permanent. Please contact product support at 1-800-880-6788 before deactivating the unit.
How do you remove a wired smoke detector?
The steps are pretty simple:
- Turn off the power.
- Give your smoke alarm a twist to loosen it.
- Disconnect your smoke alarm from the wiring harness.
- Loosen the screws that hold the mounting bracket in place.
- Remove the mounting bracket.
- Disconnect the old wiring harness from the existing wires.
How do you get a smoke alarm to stop chirping?
How to Stop Smoke Detector Beeping or Chirping –
Why is my Kidde fire alarm going off?
To reset a hardwired unit with a battery backup, perform the following steps: Turn off the power to the smoke alarm at the circuit breaker. Reconnect the power and reinstall the battery. NOTE: The unit will chirp once when the power is restored, and should not chirp afterwards.