How long do you smoke a pork butt?
How Long to Smoke a Pork Butt.
I shoot to maintain my smoker temperature at 225 degrees F and can typically plan about 2 hours of cook time per pound of pork.
For example, an 8 pound pork shoulder will take about 16 hours from start to finish.
What is the best way to smoke a Boston butt?
Boston Butt Recipe | Smoked Pork Butt on the UDS Smoker –
How long does it take to smoke a Boston butt in an electric smoker?
approximately 1 hour
How do you prepare a pork shoulder for smoking?
- Place pork shoulder in a large pot and add enough apple cider to cover.
- Cover pot and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Prepare smoker to about 210 degrees F (99 degrees C).
- Pour cider brine into the water pan of the smoker; add onion and about 1/4 cup more sugar rub.
- Smoke pork until very tender, about 8 hours.