How long does it take to smoke a turkey?
Typically, it takes at least 6 hours to smoke an average sized turkey at 250 degrees F.
Plan on having your turkey cook for about 30 minutes per pound.
How long does it take to smoke a 20lb turkey?
- At 235 F/115 C, your turkey will take 30 to 35 minutes per pound.
- At 250 F/120 C, your turkey will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound.
- At 275 F/135 C, your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
How do you smoke a large turkey?
- Preheat smoker to 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C).
- Rinse turkey under cold water, and pat dry.
- Smoke at 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C) for 10 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) when measured in the thickest part of the thigh.
How do you smoke a 15lb turkey?
At 225 degrees F, you can plan on approximately 30 minutes per pound for your turkey to smoke. For example, this 15 pound turkey will take 7 and 1/2 hours at 225 degrees F. I always plan an extra 30 minutes, just in case. Use an instant read thermometer to check the temperature of the turkey in the breast and thigh.