How To Smoke Beef Jerky?
How long does it take to smoke beef jerky?
between 12 and 72 hours
What temperature do you smoke beef jerky at?
Drying and smoking the jerky
- Hang the strips, place the strips on smoker racks, or lay the strips in wire-mesh smoking baskets.
- Dry at 140°F (60°C) with no smoke until the surface is dry.
- Raise temperature to 160°F (71°C), and smoke for 2 or 3 hours.
How do you make beef jerky in a gas smoker?
Steps to Smoke Jerky in a Propane Smoker
- Craft your marinade. As I mentioned earlier, this is a fun step where you can get creative.
- Cut your beef in slices.
- Mix it up!
- Arrange in your Smoker.
- Set the Temperature and Let it Smoke.
- Remove and Enjoy!
How do you know when jerky is done in a smoker?
Check to see if it is done by bending it AFTER it has cooled down (let cool for 5-10 minutes, this helps not to over dry). It should take a total of between 6 to 15 hours depending on the thickness of your jerky and the brand of smoker you have.
Do you use water when smoking jerky?
Re: TO USE WATER OR NOT TO USE WATER WHEN SMOKING JERKY
Smoke does not stick good to wet meat.
Can you make jerky at 180 degrees?
Safely Making Jerky Without a Smoker
If you’re using a food dehydrator that does not reach the temperature range of 160-180°F (71-82°C), you can still ensure its food safety with a quick additional step. After your jerky is completely dried, heat it in a 275°F (135°C) oven for ten minutes.