How long does it take to smoke a turkey?
For smoking a whole turkey, set the smoker at 240°F.
It is recommended to cook it for 30-40 Minutes per pound.
A 8 pound turkey will take in average 4 hours while a larger, 12 pound turkey will take about 6 hours.
How long does it take to smoke a 20lb turkey?
- At 235 F/115 C, your turkey will take 30 to 35 minutes per pound.
- At 250 F/120 C, your turkey will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound.
- At 275 F/135 C, your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound.
Do you cover a turkey when smoking it?
At 225 degrees F, you can plan on approximately 30 minutes per pound for your turkey to smoke. Allow the turkey to rest for about 15 minutes before slicing and serving. If your turkey is done a little early, cover the turkey with foil and wrap with towels to insulate and keep the heat at a safe serving temperature.
How do you smoke a large turkey?
- Preheat smoker to 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C).
- Rinse turkey under cold water, and pat dry.
- Smoke at 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C) for 10 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) when measured in the thickest part of the thigh.