How do you smoke a ham from scratch?
Homemade Smoked Ham
- Make brine (Can you bring water to a boil?
- Let brine cool. (
- Submerge meat in brine, leave it for 14 days. (
- Remove meat from brine, rinse well (WOO!
- Plunge meat in hot water bath for 25 minutes (A bit of action, followed by more waiting)
- Soak wood chips for 1 hour (A bit of action, followed by more waiting)
How long does it take to smoke an uncooked ham?
How long does it take to smoke a raw ham? It should take about 15 to 20 minutes per pound to fully cook a raw ham. We like to cook the ham until it reaches 160 degrees F (which should take anywhere from 3 to 5 hours) before wrapping it in foil and cooking it for another hour or two until it reaches 190 degrees F.
How long does it take to smoke a ham at 225?
On a typical 8 pound ham, approximately 15 to 20 minutes per pound total at 225°F if you use the foil wrap, but you need a thermometer to tell, not a clock.
How do you smoke a spiral sliced ham?
Pit Boss Smoked Spiral Cut Ham –