- Place slab of rib rack bone side down.
- Generously apply the BBQ Rub onto the front & back sides of the rib rack.
- Preheat the Hark gas smoker to LOW: 105-135°C (220-275°F)
- Place the ribs on a rack in the smoker meat side up.
- Slowly smoke the ribs for the 3-4 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the heat.
How do you smoke ribs in a smoker?
How to Smoke Ribs in an Electric Smoker
- Preheat your smoker.
- Fill up the water pan with water and the smoker box with wood chips.
- While the smoker preheats, prepare the ribs.
- Smoke your ribs directly on the racks for 3 hours at 225°F.
- Remove the ribs from the racks and tightly wrap them in aluminum foil.
How long does it take to smoke ribs at 225 degrees?
What is the 2 2 1 method for ribs?
Trust me, you won’t taste it a bit when the ribs are done. So why are they called 2-2-1 ribs? Because you smoke them uncovered for 2 hours, then smoke them wrapped in foil for another 2 hours, and finally finish them off uncovered for another hour.
What temperature do you smoke ribs at 321?
The 3-2-1 Process
Place ribs bone-side down in smoker at 225 F /110 C and cook for three hours. Remove ribs from the smoker and wrap tightly in aluminum foil to form an airtight seal. Return to the smoker bone-side up and smoke for two hours. Unwrap the ribs and return to the smoker bone-side down for one more hour.
What to spray on ribs while smoking?
Spritzing vs Not Spritzing Ribs | Tips & Techniques by All Things
How do you know when smoked ribs are done?
According to USDA, ribs are “done” when they are 145°F internal temp, but they may still be tough. If you take them up to 190 to 203°F, the collagens and fats melt at this temp and make the meat more tender and juicy. Then they’re ready!