How long does it take to smoke beef jerky?
between 12 and 72 hours
What temperature do you smoke beef jerky at?
Drying and smoking the jerky
- Hang the strips, place the strips on smoker racks, or lay the strips in wire-mesh smoking baskets.
- Dry at 140°F (60°C) with no smoke until the surface is dry.
- Raise temperature to 160°F (71°C), and smoke for 2 or 3 hours.
How do you know when jerky is done in a smoker?
Check to see if it is done by bending it AFTER it has cooled down (let cool for 5-10 minutes, this helps not to over dry). It should take a total of between 6 to 15 hours depending on the thickness of your jerky and the brand of smoker you have.
How do you make beef jerky in a gas smoker?
Steps to Smoke Jerky in a Propane Smoker
- Craft your marinade. As I mentioned earlier, this is a fun step where you can get creative.
- Cut your beef in slices.
- Mix it up!
- Arrange in your Smoker.
- Set the Temperature and Let it Smoke.
- Remove and Enjoy!