How long does a corn cob pipe last?
Using the advice offered here, your Missouri Meerschaum cob, no matter which model, should give you many years of service and satisfying smoking pleasure.
In the past, I’ve had cobs last me as long as 22 years, and know folks who report over 40 years of use from a cob.
Are corn cob pipes good?
They claim that a corn cob will provide a smoke every bit as good or better than a briar. In fact, the largest corn cob pipe producer, Missouri Meerschaum, claims that the cob provides the sweetest, coolest smoke obtainable. In other words it provides a very good, solid smoking experience.
How do you clean a corn cob pipe?
How I clean my corn cob pipe –
How do you make a corn cob stem?
- Step 1: Prepare the Corn. Select the widest ear of corn available.
- Step 2: Dry the Cob. Preheat the oven to 200° Fahrenheit.
- Step 3: Sand the Cob.
- Step 4: Hollow Out a Bowl.
- Step 5: Drill a Hole for the Stem.
- Step 6: Add the Stem.
- Step 7: Use the Corn Cob Pipe.