How long does it take to smoke a pork shoulder?
about 60 to 90 minutes
How do you prepare a pork shoulder for smoking?
- Place pork shoulder in a large pot and add enough apple cider to cover.
- Cover pot and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Prepare smoker to about 210 degrees F (99 degrees C).
- Pour cider brine into the water pan of the smoker; add onion and about 1/4 cup more sugar rub.
- Smoke pork until very tender, about 8 hours.
How long does it take to smoke a pork shoulder at 225?
Kimberly, smoke your shoulder at 225 degrees. Smoking time averages 90 minutes per pound, depending on the level of doneness desired. If you’re going to slice it, cook to 185˚. If your going to pull the pork smoke it longer, until it reaches 205 degrees.
Should you wrap a pork shoulder when smoking?
Wrapping your pork
Once the meat gets to around 160° internal temp (around the five hour mark) is the perfect time to wrap. Your butt should have excellent color and bark at this point. Wrap the pork up and place it back on the smoker, making sure you keep your temp probe in and wrap the foil around it.