How long does it take to smoke a pork shoulder at 225?
Kimberly, smoke your shoulder at 225 degrees.
Smoking time averages 90 minutes per pound, depending on the level of doneness desired.
If you’re going to slice it, cook to 185˚.
If your going to pull the pork smoke it longer, until it reaches 205 degrees.
How long does it take to smoke a pork shoulder?
about 60 to 90 minutes
How do you prepare a pork shoulder for smoking?
- Place pork shoulder in a large pot and add enough apple cider to cover.
- Cover pot and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Prepare smoker to about 210 degrees F (99 degrees C).
- Pour cider brine into the water pan of the smoker; add onion and about 1/4 cup more sugar rub.
- Smoke pork until very tender, about 8 hours.
How long does it take to smoke a 10 lb pork shoulder?
Cook until the meat is exceptionally and sigh-inducingly tender and reaches an internal temperature of 185° to 195°F (85° to 90°C), somewhere between 10 to 14 hours or about 1 1/2 hours per pound of meat. Let the meat rest for at least 30 minutes.