How do you smoke a turkey in a masterbuilt propane smoker?
Place the seasoned turkey on the middle rack of the smoker, close the door, and set a timer for approximately 6.5 hours.
The turkey should smoke for 30 to 40 minutes per pound, until the inside temperature reaches 165˚F.
Check every hour for smoke.
Do you use a pan when smoking a turkey?
Turkeys should not be roasted or smoked directly in a roasting pan (or even on a rack in the roasting pan), and especially not be roasted while resting in liquid. This will result in a soggy chicken. This will keep the cooking environment moist but let the turkey get evenly crisp on the outside.
How do you smoke a turkey in a standing smoker?
- Preheat smoker to 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C).
- Rinse turkey under cold water, and pat dry.
- Smoke at 225 to 250 degrees F (110 to 120 degrees C) for 10 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C) when measured in the thickest part of the thigh.
How long does it take to smoke a 20lb turkey?
- At 235 F/115 C, your turkey will take 30 to 35 minutes per pound.
- At 250 F/120 C, your turkey will take 25 to 30 minutes per pound.
- At 275 F/135 C, your turkey will take 20 to 25 minutes per pound.