How long does it take to smoke a pork shoulder at 225?
Kimberly, smoke your shoulder at 225 degrees.
Smoking time averages 90 minutes per pound, depending on the level of doneness desired.
If you’re going to slice it, cook to 185˚.
If your going to pull the pork smoke it longer, until it reaches 205 degrees.
How long does it take to smoke pulled pork?
How Long to Smoke a Pork Butt. I shoot to maintain my smoker temperature at 225 degrees F and can typically plan about 2 hours of cook time per pound of pork. For example, an 8 pound pork shoulder will take about 16 hours from start to finish.
How long do you smoke pulled pork per pound?
Smoke for around 1 1/2 hours per pound until the internal temperature of the pork butt reaches 195°F to 205°F.
How do you prepare a pork shoulder for smoking?
- Place pork shoulder in a large pot and add enough apple cider to cover.
- Cover pot and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Prepare smoker to about 210 degrees F (99 degrees C).
- Pour cider brine into the water pan of the smoker; add onion and about 1/4 cup more sugar rub.
- Smoke pork until very tender, about 8 hours.